05 Jan Risk vs. Reward in 2017 ~ Who Are you?
After all the glamour of the holidays, as the professional working class of America returns to their “normal lives this week, let’s reflect on what the next year could bring good and bad. As the clock stroke midnight on December 31, 2016 we are all faced with either a serious dilemma for 2017 or extreme success on the horizon, depending on our individual outlook. The ball is in our court to either run with opportunities presented or to fall back into a lull of a safety net that is down right depressing in some cases taking the “safe” road.
The choice is ultimately ours and outside influencers can have a direct impact on our personal and professional goals on the horizon. That is why networking and creating relationships are huge in the new year. The seeds planted in the first quarter will effect the second, third, and fourth quarter accordingly, based on the effort that is displayed. I am a firm believer that when you are in the right place at the right time, good things will happen if prepared and willing to make the necessary sacrifices for success.
You can either win big or lose just as big, but isn’t that the essence of living. You can fail in one breathe and conquer in the next. The only way to really know what you are made of is to actually go for it. Otherwise, you will always wonder in the back of your mind what could have been. I have seen life from a reward perspective and also from the risk perspective of failing. As you already know, the reward or even failing in some cases, far outweighs the alternative of being passive.
Lets outlines some risks and rewards for 2017 to help you succeed and be all that you desire in this world for your families and yourself.
- Taking time to network with people unknown
- Updating your resume to reflect your most recent Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Accomplishments of 2016
- Researching jobs in your field that could really use your talent
- Believing in yourself enough to not live in the past, but rather to live in the present preparing for the future you desire’
- Meeting new people that change your life in the short and long term
- Become noticed by top employers who would love to have you on the team
- Educating yourself on what your true value really is and maybe even pursing another career path or educational endeavors
- Every dream you ever had comes true in the least amount of time that you never believed possible
“Go for the gold and take the risk because you are worth it!” Michael Bluemling Jr. (MHR)